Monday, October 8, 2007

Turkey....or the fixings??

Thanksgiving dinner means something different to everyone I'd imagine. All the talk surrounding Thanksgiving dinner focuses on a rather large (and ugly) bird, but there is so much more to it than poultry. We all gathered at my parents house (about 21 in all, excuse me if I've missed someone...obviously you're not that important to me) for the feast. We ate insane amounts of food. Only 10 minutes ago Darion came up from bed complaining that he felt sick (because he was so full). I'm gonna try running a survey to see what part of Thanksgiving dinner is everyone's favorite. Please feel free to vote. If I've left something off, sorry....just read the first line of this post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a comment on the vote...for me its not the food so much as the people that you are able to be with. Don't get me wrong, the food is great but every year my family always opens up their house to invite someone else in. This year we invited in another family so we watched all the kids play together.

Eric Jakob said...

I can see why this commenter is anonymous Kirk. Nobody we know would willingly put their name to a comment that didn't vote the food as #1 !

Jessica said...

I thought it would be strange to pick stuffing but it looks like I'm not the only one.

I'd have to say it's worth having people over as well. We don't have family to celebrate with so we end up inviting other "orphans" to come eat with us.